With so many blogs online, any list of “Top Blogs” or “Best Blogs” is likely to be incomplete and certainly open for debate. Following is a strictly subjective list of those SEO blogs that I found to be most helpful, informative, and trust-worthy over the past year.
- Search Engine Land: Combination of SEO news and best practices articles. Search Engine Land’s articles are timely, informative, and very trustworthy.
- The Moz Blog: The “SEO’s” SEO blog. Moz tends to offer more in-depth and advanced SEO information.
- Backlinko: Brian Dean is a link building expert, and shares unique, brilliant, and actionable strategies for SEO, traffic generation, and conversions.
- Search Engine Roundtable: The go-to resource for breaking news (confirmed and unconfirmed) in the SEO world. Articles are more “reporting” orientated rather than strategic.
- Understanding Google Places and Local Search: Up to date information and strategies for Local Search.
- Search Engine Watch: Another very trusted source for information on search industry news, changes, and best practices.
- Stone Temple Consulting: Eric Enge and Mark Traphagen offer unique insights, both theoretical and practical, on search engine optimization.
- Blind Five Year Old: Aj Kohn offers in-depth and original perspectives on search and marketing related topics.
- Search Engine Journal: SEJ has really improved the quality and trust-worthiness of it’s content over the past few years, and has become a good source of industry news, information, and strategies.
- Econsultancy: Although the Econsultancy blog covers a wider range of topics than most of the blogs listed in this article, they do publish a lot of great SEO content throughout the year.
I’m always looking for new SEO blogs to add to my reader. What SEO blogs do you follow and recommend?
Learn about our Advisor SEO services.
Latest posts by Brent Carnduff (see all)
- 10 Tips to Choosing a Domain Name for Your Real Estate Business - June 9, 2017
- The Challenges of SEO for Real Estate - December 12, 2016
- Developing a Digital Real Estate Agency: Update #1 - October 29, 2016
- I don’t want to be a Secret Agent - August 14, 2016
- This Week in Search No. 78 - May 1, 2016