Your SEO Insider – your key to keeping up on the SEO strategies and search engine changes that you need to know about each week!
- Is User Experience (UX) a ranking factor?
- Bing changes local search UX for home buyers/renters
- Picking the best “Barnacle” sites for your industry
User Experience is undeniably an important element in the success of your business online (or offline for that matter). Is it an SEO ranking factor? Hmmm . . .
This is still an area of debate among SEOs. The search engines certainly have information that could be used, and like authorship and social signals, UX as a ranking signal intuitively makes sense.
In the following video, Eric Enge of Stone Temple Consulting, outlines his views on UX as a ranking factor.
Why Quality User Experience is an SEO Ranking Factor? by Mark & Eric on Stone Temple Consulting
. . . if I had to distill SEO down to a few key points, it would be this:
- SEO is about user experience
- Links are important.
- And, yep, title tags are important, too.
- It’s cliche, but content is king.
4 Things SEO Newbies Need to Know by Neil Patel on Search Engine Journal
The Blunt and Brutal Honest Truth About SEO by Thomas Armitage on SteamFeed
If your business’s search terms return big directory or aggregator sites (i.e. Yelp, Angie’s List) in the top organic positions, you should consider adding Barnacle SEO to your SEO strategies. Barnacle SEO is the process of optimizing your business to rank well on those directory or aggregator sites.
For example, in this search for Las Vegas Real Estate:
The top 5 results are Zillow.com, Realtor.com, Craigslist, Trulia.com and Redfin.com – all large directory style, high authority sites – sites which the average independent real estate agent is not likely to displace in the rankings.
In this situation, in addition to their regular SEO work, the agents should register and optimize their listing on the higher ranking, directory style site – attach themselves to that site like a barnacle to a ship – and try to use its position to promote their services.
How to Pick the Best Barnacle SEO Sites: A Checklist by Phil Rozek on Local Visibility System
Search Engine News
Bing makes it easier to learn about the neighborhood around the house you’re looking at.
Local Sources Teach Bing Users About Their New Neighborhood by Yuyu Chen on Search Engine Watch
Thanks for reading! As always, your questions, comments, and shares are welcomed and appreciated!
This article originally appeared on SteamFeed.com and appears here with permission.
Latest posts by Brent Carnduff (see all)
- Local SEO for Real Estate: Getting More Google Reviews - October 29, 2017
- Real Estate SEO: Setting the Foundation for Local SEO (Google Maps) Success - July 26, 2017
- 10 Tips to Choosing a Domain Name for Your Real Estate Business - June 9, 2017
- The Challenges of SEO for Real Estate - December 12, 2016
- Developing a Digital Real Estate Agency: Update #1 - October 29, 2016