Get the inside scoop on all of the biggest changes, best practices, and most effective tips for SEO for the week of January 31st – February 6th, 2016.
I’ve sorted through hundreds of articles and filtered out the misinformation, hype, and black hat tactics that will waste your time or, even worse, earn you a Google penalty. What’s left is the best and most up-to-date information from some of the most knowledgeable and trusted people in the industry – enjoy!
- Do you NEED to offer AMP?
- URL Keywords still a ranking factor
- The low-down on Semantic Search
- Amazon Homes Services for Local Businesses
- Local Link Building strategies
- and more . . .
Search Engine Optimization
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are coming, does your business need them?
Considering Google AMP for SEO? Why Accelerated Mobile Pages is not the Speed Solutions for Every Business by Virginia Nussey and Robert Ramirez on Bruce Clay blog
Google: Keywords in URLs A Small Ranking Factor by Barry Schwartz on Search Engine Roundtable
That’s why semantic search is so powerful. Instead of just getting a collection of websites with your selected term, you get the very best websites for your very specific situation. ~ Neil Patel
Everything You Need to Know About Semantic Search and What it Means for your Website by Neil Patel on The Daily Egg
Bing makes up to 4000 changes per week to its search algorithm.
Bing Shifts to Continuous Development Cycle by Matt Southern on Search Engine Journal
Google adds another way for local businesses to be verified.
Google Adding Trusted Verifier Program to Verify Businesses in Person by Barry Schwartz on Search Engine Roundtable
Great ideas to get your link building efforts started!
The First 7 Links You Should Build in 2016 by David Farkas on Search Engine Journal
10 Local Link Building Tips for 2016 by Greg Gifford on Search Engine Land
Learn to put the information in Google Analytics to work for your company or organization.
4 Ways to Leverage Google Analytics to Reach New Customers by Mike Arce on semrush
Thanks for reading! Your questions, comments, and shares are appreciated! Have a great week in search!
Latest posts by Brent Carnduff (see all)
- Local SEO for Real Estate: Getting More Google Reviews - October 29, 2017
- Real Estate SEO: Setting the Foundation for Local SEO (Google Maps) Success - July 26, 2017
- 10 Tips to Choosing a Domain Name for Your Real Estate Business - June 9, 2017
- The Challenges of SEO for Real Estate - December 12, 2016
- Developing a Digital Real Estate Agency: Update #1 - October 29, 2016