Get the inside scoop on all of the biggest changes, best practices, and most effective tips for search engine optimization for the period of November 8th – November 14th, 2015.
I’ve sorted through hundreds of articles and filtered out the misinformation, hype, and black hat tactics that will waste your time or, even worse, earn you a Google penalty. What’s left is the best and most up-to-date information from some of the most knowledgeable and trusted people in the industry – enjoy!
- Improve SEO and conversions with more and better reviews
- What does HomeAdvisor for Services mean for Local search
- Catch up with bing!
- Manual link building is alive and well!
- Does “Good Content” = SEO?
Before, people would ask their friends about products. But now they rely on online reviews. People trust reviews to inform them about their decisions and reviews play a huge role in people’s purchasing choices.
5 Techniques to Get 5 Stars: How to Get More (and Better) Online Reviews by Neil Patel on Search Engine Journal
“Luke, if you’re doing the same things as everyone else, why do you deserve to be rewarded or ranked higher than them? What makes you better?” – Casey Meraz
Stop the Local SEO Tunnel Vision & Think Beyond the Basics by Casey Meraz on Moz blogs
Google Partnering with Homeadvisor to Add Services Booking to Local by Mick Blumenthal on Understanding Google My Business & Local Search
Bing is a crucial link to voice search. In the U.S., 55 percent of teens and four out of 10 adults use voice-activated search tools such as Siri at least once a day. Bing is the default search engine for Apple’s Siri voice-activated assistant.
Do You Bing? If Not, It’s Time to Start by Gib Olander on StreetFight
Announcing the Bing Mobile Friendliness Test Tool by Charu Puhazholi and Shyam Jayansankar on bing blogs
Link building is very much alive and well . . . and still critical to successful SEO.
Why Manual Link Building Will Never Be Obsolete by Eric Ward on Search Engine Land
SEO News and Opinions
AI is Here, and It’s Affecting Your SEO: A Look at Google’s RankBrain by Amy Arnold on Search Influence
The “Write Good Content” Myth by Brent Carnduff on BrentCarnduff.com
Thanks for reading! As always, your shares, comments, and questions are welcomed and appreciated!
This article originally appeared on SteamFeed.com
Latest posts by Brent Carnduff (see all)
- Local SEO for Real Estate: Getting More Google Reviews - October 29, 2017
- Real Estate SEO: Setting the Foundation for Local SEO (Google Maps) Success - July 26, 2017
- 10 Tips to Choosing a Domain Name for Your Real Estate Business - June 9, 2017
- The Challenges of SEO for Real Estate - December 12, 2016
- Developing a Digital Real Estate Agency: Update #1 - October 29, 2016